12.29.2011

cruising right along...

i <3 my family and it shows
Today I not only finished the quilt top, but made a pieced back (which I've never done before) and my own pieced binding (which I've never done before). Ha! I feel so accomplished. This quilt is coming together very quickly, and I'm very pleased. The bad luck I was having before seemed to have done away, thankfully, and it has been smooth sailing since about eleven this morning. I don't know that I've ever had a quilt come together so quickly - I don't know if it is the pattern of the quilt, the very helpful multi-step tutorial I'm following or if all my quilting skills have finally culminated in the power to speed through sewing and assembly. The only step that is still slow is pressing and ironing. I don't think there is any way to speed that up!

No comments:

Post a Comment