3.03.2012

brightly colored bugs

The time has come to start a new quilt. I picked up these brightly colored fat quarters awhile back, inspired by that bug print fabric on top. I can't decide what pattern I want to use, though. I had intended to do a disappearing nine-patch, but this would be my third version of that quilt, and I'm tired of that pattern.
I really want to cut the fat quarters into charm squares (5x5 inch squares) and do this quilt at the Moda Bake Shop. It's just so cute! Or I could cut three of the fat quarters out of the stack and do this quilt from Two Little Banshees. I can't decide!
I would need to buy more fabric for the sashing if I want to do the MBS quilt... but I would be stuck with three left-over fat quarters if I do the TLB quilt. Quandary!
But... if my math is right, I can get more than one quilt out of the fabric stack if I do the MBS quilt. And I could exclude the pink and purple in one and make it for a boy, and include them in another and make it for a girl. That would be nice.
What do you all think I should do?

No comments:

Post a Comment