3.17.2012

new and old

new
 This evening, after much deliberation and several trials, I learned out to make a Flying Geese block (above). There is an oversized pinwheel quilt I want to make in the current issue of Quilts & More, and Adam is really encouraging me to go outside my comfort zone and try new things. So tonight he helped me figure out this block. I ultimately figured it out on my own, but having his support was invaluable.

So then we went through my fabrics to see if I could scrounge up enough material to make this quilt. I have a lot of novelty fabrics, but not a lot of basics or solids, so it's tough to build a quilt solely out of my stash. Luckily I remembered I have a giant black trash bag of fabrics my fabulous mother-in-law gave me before I moved out here. I pulled the bag (and some other stuff by accident) down, and Adam and I started looking through the fabrics. Let me tell you, there is a lot in there, and I had forgotten about a lot of the specifics. Adam came up with the idea of doing a floral pinwheel, with another light floral as the 'background' that the pinwheels will be floating on. It's going to be a bit of a busy quilt, but sweet and whimsical. I'm super excited about it.

I really did not need another quilt on my to-do list, but that's okay. It's good to get excited and try new things.

old

No comments:

Post a Comment