3.01.2012

owl quilt for quilts for kids quilted

the quilt
I just now finished quilting this quilt for Quilts for Kids (was that enough use of the word "quilt"?). I am so glad to be done with it. I don't know why, but I really didn't enjoy quilting this one. Straight-line quilting is supposed to be quick and easy, but it sure didn't feel that way! As a result, I've been procrastinating finishing it, so I am super glad that I finally sat down with it today.
I cut out the binding, which is supposed to be yellow polka dot fabric to go with the pink polka dot backing, and realized that I didn't buy enough fabric to go all the way around this 36 x 54 quilt. So I'm going to have to scrounge up something from my stash or go buy some more.
For some reason, either because of the quilting method or because of my piecing method, my quilt ended up a little wonky. The closeup below should show you what I mean. It's just not nice and straight!
Oh well, I'm sure some kid will love it, and be far less critical than I am.

a closeup of the wonkiness

No comments:

Post a Comment