4.29.2012

completed: bow bag

new little bag

Today, while browsing One Pretty Thing, I found a link to a tutorial of a little zippered bow bag on Prudent Baby. I decided then and there that I would make one. I wanted a quick little project, and this was perfect!
The tutorial was super clear and easy to follow. The pattern calls for a half-yard of exterior fabric and a quarter-yard of interior fabric, but I only had a quarter-yard of exterior fabric and a fat quarter for interior fabric. I made it work, though - I just made the bow out of the interior fabric. I also used contrast stitching rather than using matching thread.
I like the changes that I made - I think the bag is more dynamic this way. I also used a teal zipper to add an extra punch of color.
Overall, I'm very pleased!

complementary colored zipper and matching lining

No comments:

Post a Comment