7.27.2012

wip: dresser primed!

after the first coat of primer
 Last night, when the garage finally cooled off after a hot, humid day, I painted the dresser with the first coat of primer. I actually had a little fun doing it. I'm using oil-based Kilz as my primer, and will be using regular latex satin paint for the topcoat.

after the second coat of primer
This morning, before it had a chance to get hot, I did the second coat of primer. I hate painting with primer, but the dresser is beginning to look better because of it!

The majority of the dresser will ultimately be white, so the primer gives me an idea of how the finished piece will look. I'm excited! Hopefully Adam and I will pick out the (many) paint colors for the drawers, and I can get started painting actual colors!

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment