12.21.2012

the start of the christmas madness

I have two cousins, and for Christmas, the boy got a custom t-shirt memory quilt. I needed to do something cool for the girl cousin. I initially started a quilt for her, but upon learning that she also wanted a memory quilt for her birthday, I switched gears and made a Two-Zip Hipster Bag. This pattern is great - I've made three bags from it already, and find it pretty easy to follow. And the bag it makes is fantastic.

So this is the version for my cousin:

adjustable cross-body strap, front zip pocket and front slip pocket!

nice top zip with slip pockets inside

top zip and outside pockets

the back
I chose this fabric because I felt it was girly without being obnoxious (and it was in my stash!), and I added black zippers for a little edgy contrast. I used a coordinating pink patterned fabric for the lining of the bag. The zippers are 'sport' zippers from Jo-Anns, and I love them. The strap is adjustable, and the bag is a great medium on-the-go size. Perfect for a wallet, phone and random purchases.


No comments:

Post a Comment