5.21.2011

"Crazy thoughts have quick wings"

Here's my latest completed project, finished last night (right before I went on a cleaning spree). The text is a quote from Save Me by Jem, a song I've been listening to a lot lately. This line just got stuck in my head for some reason, so I decided to put it into cloth and thread, alternating each word in silver and white, with a white butterfly. I charted it myself, which was pretty tricky. It's hard to make everything nicely centered - and you might be able to see that I didn't not do a perfect job. The butterfly is another design by Andwabisabi, not my own. I'm not at that stage yet!
My mother told me that butterflies are a motif for the soul, which just adds another dimension to the piece. Crazy thoughts, the soul, I get it. Do you?
Next up... I don't know! I have a couple of designs charted out, but I'm not feeling particularly drawn to any of them. We'll just have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment