- Cross-stitch piece all pressed and ready to go
- 2x pieces of felt (one for the front and one for the back of the frame)
- Embroidery floss
- Embroidery hoops (or other traceable object) - I used 6" and 4" hoops
- Ribbon for hanging (cut to desirable length)
- Pins (optional)
- Ruler (optional)
- Trace the 6" hoop (using the inner ring so you don't run into the clasp) on the piece of felt you want for the top of the frame (I used pink felt). Cut out carefully.
- Place the 4" hoop inside the circle you just cut and measure if you want it to be placed perfectly. I eyeballed it and then measured to confirm. Trace the circle.
- Fold the 6" circle in half and make a cut inside the 4" circle you just traced. Then cut out the 4" circle carefully. Discard.
- Place the pink 6" circle on the white felt (or whatever color you chose for the backing) and cut out a matching back piece.
- Pin all three layers together. You're now ready to start stitching!
- Use a whip-stitch or blanket-stitch (as I did) to attach the three layers together. Make sure to tuck your ribbon inside the three layers and securely stitch in place.
- You can also stitch around the 4" cut-out, as I did.
- You can decorate the frame with felt cut-outs (I used green hearts).