8.01.2011

WIP: Free-Motion Quilting

I've learned a few things about free-motion quilting since I started on this quilt last night. First, it's physically arduous - shifting around the mass of the quilt wears on your arms. Second, it becomes incredibly boring after the first twenty minutes or so. Third, it's very time-consuming. And lastly, beware of the length between stitches that you start with, because then you're committed to it for the rest of the quilt.
As you can see, my stitch lines aren't very far apart, so it's taking me even longer! And it's definitely not the most beautiful work I've ever done, sadly. Free-motion quilting is way easier on the mini quilt sandwiches I was practicing on. It's hard to be creative - or even consistent - when doing it on a real-sized quilt. But I'm going to keep plugging away at it, and overall, I'm pretty pleased with how it's turning out!

No comments:

Post a Comment