1.18.2012

quilt top two for quilts for kids

Today I finished a second quilt top for the Quilts for Kids charity! This quilt top came together pretty quickly in an evening, but I just added the final borders.

It's an adorable black, yellow and white mixture of prints I bought in a charm pack (don't you just love charm packs?). I used this pattern by Katinka Brusselsprouts. It was so-o easy, but it looks complicated. The quilt top ended up about 35" by 42" - perfect for a baby quilt! I've never made a quilt this small, and I'm loving so fast it came together.
I didn't make any sort of pattern for the blocks - I just made sure each set of three had no repeating fabrics, and then tried to make sure that the same fabric didn't touch anywhere (you can see one spot where this sort of nonchalant planning did not work out in the favor). Overall, I think this quilt is an refreshing take on a baby quilt.
I have several more charm packs in the same variety of prints, and now I'm scouring the internet looking for more cute quilt patterns so I can use them up.
Now I have two completed quilt tops - and still no batting, so I can't finish the quilts. Got to make the long trek to Jo-Ann's to pick up some nice low-loft batting!

1 comment:

  1. Bright and cute for kids, suitable for either gender, but also sophisticated enough to appeal to adults. love it

    ReplyDelete