5.03.2012

birthday flowers

beautiful bouquet

Today is my birthday. As Adam would say, I am the youngest now that I ever be, and the oldest that I have ever been.
For my birthday last year, Adam gave me a (now deceased) blue orchid. This year, my lovely mother sent me a beautiful bouquet of roses. There are white, pink and orange (!) roses. Orange is my favorite color, so I was very excited to see those. And, thankfully, the roses came with a vase. I have little bud vases, and some lovely but strictly decorative vases, but not a single vase that would have worked for this bouquet! But now I will be prepared for the next time I get flowers.
The flowers are in my sewing room now, because that is where I am writing my paper(s). Now I can look at them and feel happy!

closeup of the beautiful roses

1 comment: