5.06.2012

wip: 12 + 2 quilting and the Enterprise's first long-distance voyage

variegated thread and stippling
This evening, after finally finishing all of my work (!!), I moved Enterprise out of my lovely sewing room to my lovely dining table so that I could begin quilting my ugly 12 + 2 = Q quilt. I got 1/4 of the quilt done before I ran out of the awesome green variegated thread I am using. It only comes in very small spools, and I only bought two spools. I definitely underestimated how much I would need for a queen-sized quilt!
I had some difficulties with the thread breaking as well, and had to stop and re-thread Enterprise quite a few times. I'm not sure if it's Enterprise or the thread that is acting up... Hopefully it's just the thread. It's a bit early in my relationship with Enterprise to be having such woes.
I am so excited to begin my summer vacation tomorrow! It's going to be full of family, reading, video games, and of course quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment