7.25.2012

wip: hourglass scrap quilt

completed quilt top
 Remember the floral pinwheel quilt I completed ages ago? Well, I had a lot of little triangle scraps left over from making all those pinwheel blocks. I played around with different configurations of the triangles, sewed up a few trial blocks, and then put them all away for months and months. Well, I broke out that bag of scraps again recently and created this 32 x 32 quilt top!

I chain-pieced the triangles to make thirty-six hourglass blocks (a block I'd never done before), and arranged them randomly in a six by six grid. Today, I stitched up the rows of blocks and voila! A baby quilt top was born!

I think the quilt needs a border of some sort before it is really finished. However, since this is a scrap quilt, I don't have enough of the same fabrics to make a border. It's off to find something else in my stash that will work!

look at all those hourglass blocks

No comments:

Post a Comment