11.13.2012

i-spy swap

About two weeks ago, I found a I-Spy squares swap. I've always wanted to participate in a swap, and I love the idea of making an I-Spy quilt. So I asked to participate, and I carefully followed the directions. I submitted 200 squares - 20 squares each of ten different novelty fabrics.

my submitted fabrics

I am proud to say that I didn't purchase any fabric for this swap - I pulled ten fabrics from my stash. You can see my selections above. First is a ducky print, followed by a white-on-teal print of elephants. Then there are two different cat prints, a print of cherries and sprinkles, and a print of sneakers. There are also robots, frogs, jungle animals on red, and little birds on a wire. The sneaker and jungle animal prints were purchased awhile ago from a thrift shop, so I am going to claim that they are vintage. The birds on a wire print might as well be vintage - I bought that fabric back in 2008 for a bag I was making (and never finished) for my sister.

You can see other submitted squares at Hammer & Thread. I can't wait to see all the squares I'm going to get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment