3.24.2013

[completed] superhero quilt top

quilt top

Remember this block? Well, I made a few more, and ended up with this superhero quilt top! While I had a lot of scrap squares, I ran out of the black tone-on-tone fabric I used for the background of the blocks and the sashing. So I ended up with eleven coordinating blocks, and then made the last twelfth block out of red, orange and yellow scrap squares. I enjoy the pop of that twelfth block.

The red polka dot fabric you see under the quilt top will be the backing. There are uneven borders of orange and red fabric to bring the quilt up to a lap/crib size. I made the borders uneven to offset the blocks, but I wish I'd made the difference in size even greater to make the quilt feel even more fun and modern.

so colorful! 
I love how this quilt turned out - and with the exception of the borders and the backing, all the fabric came from my scrap bin or stash! The back is complete, and I am ready to baste and quilt. But I have no idea how to quilt it!

as usual, Sassy loves the quilt

No comments:

Post a Comment