5.21.2013

thrift store finds

two lamps, a mirror, a glass bowl and a coca-cola crate
 Over the past few days, I've visited a few thrift stores looking for treasures to put in the new house (6 days!). I found the fabulous brass lamp and white oval mirror at Goodwill for $7 and $10 respectively. I am planning to spray-paint the lamp (I'm not a fan of brass). Today I found the milky-glass lamp, coca-cola crate, faux pearl necklace and glass bowl at the local thrift store for a grand total of $15. Love thrifting! I play to spray-paint the gold parts of the milky lamp, but leave the glass as-is. It's so cool! The glass bowl will become a DIY mercury glass project and I think I'll use the coca-cola crate as a catch-all for my spices. I might spray-paint the crate, but not sure.

pretty lamps!
I will also be getting two vintage grenade ammunition crates from a very nice AF wife for like $5 apiece. I am very excited about it, but I won't be getting them until after we move.

Lots of exciting things!

No comments:

Post a Comment