5.17.2011

A "Kiss" and a "Tree"

The cross-stitch obsession continues. Yesterday I made two little projects - a tiny kiss to go inside a little "love" frame, and a tree made out of variegated yellow-to-orange thread.
The little kiss is framed in a 2.5 by 3 frame, so it's quite tiny. It was tricky to sew because I couldn't use an embroidery hoop. My hands cramped up a bit holding the fabric taut. But it whipped up fast.
You can find the design at Andwasisabi's etsy shop. I looove her shop, it's full of cute contemporary designs. I actually ordered a custom design from her - it's going to a birthday present for someone special. Her prices are very reasonable, even for a custom piece.
The tree is also an Andwasisabi design. I did it in a variegated thread on blue Aida to give it a little more texture and realism (although it's yellow, so realism is really out of the picture). Now that I've made it, I'm not entirely sure what to do with it. I made it on a 5x7 piece of cloth, but it looks lost in a 5x7 frame. And it even looks odd in a 4x6 frame. It looks cutest in a 4 inch embroidery hoop, so I think that's my best bet. I'm currently saving the three 4 inch hoops that I have for other projects, so this tree may get shelved for awhile. It's not like I can decorate where I am anyway. And the making is most of the fun!
Next up? I'm thinking some text: Maybe "it will all be okay"? That is my motto, after all. It would be practically a sin not to cross-stitch it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment