6.08.2012

rescuing trash

pretty

Yesterday, I rescued a wine bottle and two Classico pasta sauce jars from the trash, and turned them into spray-painted and glittery vases. I also glittered a vase from the dollar store.

Glittering things is really easy - you just swirl Pledge floor polish around the inside of the container, pour the excess out and quickly pour glitter in and swirl it around until all the sides are coated. If the container has a lid, you can do all these steps with the lid on, which is much easier. The vase was a bit tricky, but I made it work.

I plan to spray-paint the pasta sauce jar lids silver as well, just in case I ever want the lids. In the meantime, I will probably make more white paper flowers to put in my new pretty vases!

loving the colors

No comments:

Post a Comment