6.10.2012

completed: first real queen quilt


crazy cats and polka-dot binding
see adam?
all laid out
The 12+2 quilt is done done done! I am so excited!

This is my first real queen-sized quilt - I have made one queen quilt before (long ago, in the dark days we don't like to think about), but I didn't quilt it very much and I had a lot of help making the whole thing. So this is my first real queen quilt.

This quilt finished at 85 x 85 square, which makes it legitimately a queen. It features a bunch of fun prints, with an orange-on-orange polka dot binding. I free-motion quilted it with large stippling (which I think is actually meandering) in a green variegated thread. Very fun. The backing is also green, and the green stitching looks awesome on the back. I used low-loft 100% polyester batting for this quilt - never again. It was not fun to work with and shed all over my poor Enterprise. It's strictly 80/20 cotton/poly blends for me from now on.

The 12+2=Q quilt pattern that I used can be found at Oh Fransson! and was very easy to follow. The quilt top came together very quickly, and using a sheet for the backing meant I didn't have to piece a bunch of pieces of fabric together, which was nice.

This particular quilt will be given to someone special come Christmas! That's one thing off my Christmas to-do list! Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment