6.07.2012

completed: paper flowers

flowers

in a new orange mason jar

To fill all the mason jars that I've been making, I made paper flowers. Paper flowers aren't quite as lovely as fresh flowers (and are considerably more work), but they won't wilt and don't need water. And since I constructed a whole bouquet for a few dollars (with the supplies to make many many more leftover), I would say paper flowers are also quite a bit less expensive.

I constructed these lovelies out of tissue paper and chenille stems. The "flowers" are colored around the edges with marker to look a little more realistic (and pretty). I did four pink flowers and two red flowers.  To make the flowers, I followed this tutorial, which was very helpful. 

The fake carnations remind me dyeing carnations with food coloring with my mother back in the day. Good times, good times.

top view

closeup

pretty

No comments:

Post a Comment