8.09.2012

[completed] sidney the snail baby quilt


sidney the snail
Altogether too early this morning, I finished the Sidney the Snail baby quilt by attaching the green and orange binding. The quilt finishes at 34 x 35 inches, which makes it definitely a baby quilt. 

I tucked a "craft the pain away" label into the edge of the binding, which I think looks really cute and more subtle than just stitching it on. My new friend suggested that I use some orange in the binding to pick up the oranges in the paisley fabrics. I think that was a great idea!

new way to attach lables
The entire quilt was made using fabrics from my stash! I didn't purchase anything for this quilt, which felt great. I still have lots of the paisley fabrics left over, so you might see them again. I chose a green print for the backing. In person, you can clearly see all the quilting lines - the spiral in the shell, and then the organic (ie, not straight) lines across the yellow.

the back
 Here is a closeup of the quilting, so you can see how "organic" it really is. I used my darning foot and free-motion quilted all of the spiral, and then used the walking foot to do the straight(ish) lines.

closeup of the quilting
Overall, this quilt was quick and fun to complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment