9.18.2012

[today I learned] how to make perfect pointy corners

I was browsing the internet today looking for a quick and easy way to make perfect placemats. My last attempt at quilted placemats did not turn out as nice as I had hoped. I found this video tutorial on how to make perfect pointed corners. Instead of pivoting the fabric and clipping corners, this method uses two intersecting seams and a bit of pressing to make perfect corners! I am definitely going to try this method!

I also learned that I should also really invest in a pair of chopsticks or a knitting needle to use as a turning tool instead of using closed scissors. Chopsticks or knitting needles seem to get the points pointer, and there isn't the danger of accidentally snipping the finished work.

No comments:

Post a Comment