10.31.2012

[completed] halloween pillow cover

halloween pillow!
 First of all... Happy Halloween!

To celebrate the holiday, I acquired a festive print, and made a pillow cover for an 18 x 18 pillow form. I followed this tutorial for making a flanged pillow cover. I eliminated the muslin backing, because I did not feel that the pillow cover would need it. I think that would have stiffened the flange, but I'm okay with it the way it is.

front

I agonized over cutting the fabric, because the design wasn't printed quite straight, but I think the cover came out adorable despite any little imperfections. I just love this fabric. Halloween typically isn't my favorite holiday to decorate (I'm not a big fan of ghosts and ghouls), so I was happy to find something I liked. (Our house is all decorated for the treat-or-treaters thanks to my mother-in-law - hopefully we'll get some kiddos!)

back

The back has a simple overlapping envelope enclosure. That makes it quick and easy to change out the cover. I have to make another cover for this pillow, as Halloween will be over soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment