6.01.2013

[completed] wooden knob belt and tie hanger

awesome
Yesterday, in the midst of cleaning and unpacking and organizing and hanging curtains, Adam and I completed a little organization project. I had seen wood and knob wall organizers around the internet, and when the over-the-door hook organizer I used in the old house didn't fit on our new (to us) doors, I decided to make a new wall hanging organizer.

Ages ago, I bought a bunch of drawer knobs from Michael's for $0.25 each, with no particular project in mind. This project seemed perfect from them. I bought a 2x3 piece of wood from Lowe's for around $5. I had to buy a fairly deep piece of lumber because the knobs had long screws. Adam drilled holes for me in the piece of wood, and I covered it in a few coats of Valspar's satin nickel spray-paint. After it dried (about an hour), we screwed in the knobs and attached sawtooth hangars to the back. I hung it on the wall, and voila! A new and pretty belt and tie wall organizer!

A quick, inexpensive, functional, and very satisfying project! That is one of the finishing touches on the bedroom - as soon as I hang a few more pictures, I'll share pictures of the room.

check out those star knobs!

No comments:

Post a Comment