10.17.2013

[completed] burlap lamp housewarming gift


Remember this burlap that I hand-dyed a long time ago? I finally used it - somehow all my work-in-progress projects are getting attention now. I used the yards and yards of dyed burlap to make another burlap lampshade. This time, I made one for my younger sister and her husband as a housewarming gift (they are moving in November).

I did dye this burlap especially for them and for this project. She had requested a lampshade in a peachy orange color. Hopefully this won't disappoint! 



And of course, what good would a lampshade be without a coordinating lamp base? I found a hideous brass lamp at Goodwill awhile back, and after scuffing it up a bit with a block of sandpaper, I spray-painted it a metallic cappucino color. (It's gorgeous in person). 


Even Gandalf the Cat likes the result!


No comments:

Post a Comment