7.28.2012

[wip] superman placemats


it's a bird, it's a plane, no it's...
A few days ago, I picked up a remnant yard of Superman fabric at Wal-Mart. I had no plans to use it, but I just had to have it. (I love buying remnants at Wal-Mart because they are almost always full yards or more!). Last night, while waiting for the paint on my dresser to dry, I decided to use my new acquisition to make placemats!

SUPERMAN!
I followed the placemat pattern in Dare to Be Square book by Boo Davis (which I once reviewed). It is my first time following a pattern from this book (although I have all the fabric to make a quilt following a pattern in the book...), and I loved the process. The instructions are super clear and easy to follow, complete with helpful diagrams. 

It took me under an hour to complete the top of this placemat (obviously it still needs to be basted and quilted), which included all the cutting time for the fabric for four placemats. I think that is not too shabby. I love quick projects.

Not sure what I am going to do with these placemats when they are completed - perhaps gift them? Who doesn't love Superman? 

he stops crime!

No comments:

Post a Comment